CDC has put out guidelines on measures that one should be taking to prevent being infected. Here are some basic information you should know.
How does it spread?
- The virus is spread from the infected person to other if they are in close contact with each other.
- Through respiratory droplets from the infected person to the other.
How to protect yourself?
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds. This is absolutely necessary if you have been to a public place.
- Avoid touching your face generally.
- Maintain a 6 feet distance when interacting with anyone
What can you do to help protect others?
- Maintain social isolation as much as possible. If you are sick stay home and self-quarantine yourself
- If you cough or sneeze cover your mouth and noose with tissue or our hands. Throw the tissue immediately or wash your hands with soap and water.
- Wear a face mask if you are sick
Maintain a clean environment
- Regularly clean and disinfect tables, door knobs, surfaces, desks, chairs, keyboards, toilets and sinks.
For additional details on visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html for more updated information.